Maven 3.2.2 was released recently. Upgrading unfortunately broke some of my project builds. Specifically they fixed a long standing bug where multiple activation conditions were or’d together instead of being and’d as documented. Unfortunately for me, I had taken advantage of the bug and so had to redo the poms. The problem now is that there is no straightforward way to implement the OR condition. Instead, what I did was to change the profile so that it is activated by a property. Then I moved the multiple conditions into separate profiles in the settings.xml file and had each profile set the property when activated. Then when the pom is built, the settings are evaluated, then the pom (including parent poms) are evaluated, and the new property is available to activate the profile in my master pom. Explicit OR’ing would be preferable, and this is an acceptable workaround.
19 Jul 2014